Chocolate – 10 Facts about the ‘Cocoa Temptation’
“Nine out of ten people like Chocolate
. The tenth person always lies!” Who isn’t tempted to at least try this sweet from heaven?! Let’s be honest here – we all love chocolate (some of us are even addicted
!) and here’s a thing – there’s nothing bad
about it! Actually, cardiologists say that if someone eats chocolate every day for at least 8 weeks, this might reduce the bad cholesterol with up to 5% and to normalize the blood pressure! So, go ahead and have some! There is always a lot to say about chocolate, but in this blog post we will try to cheer you up with some ‘choco’ facts
- Did you know that chocolate comes from a fruit tree? It’s called Theobroma Cacao, which literally means “Food of the Gods”.
- It has been estimated that people eat approximately ten thousand chocolate bars during their whole life!
- The delicious sweet is considered to be one of the best foods for a healthy heart!
- The valuable cocoa beans, from which chocolate is produced, have once been used as monetary units.
- A surprising fact is that 400 cocoa beans are needed for just one pound of chocolate!
- In Ancient times people fermented the pulp of the cacao pod in order to make beverages.
- The biggest chocolate ever made was 2500kg!
- Napoleon used to have a chocolate with himself during the military campaigns so that he could always provide himself with a source of energy.
- You know Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “Psycho”, right? Here’s something you probably didn’t know! It was not blood that was used during the famous scene under the shower – it was chocolate syrup!
- You have a pet? You better never give your furry buddy chocolate as it makes them sick! Good news is there’s more for you!
Charles M. Schulz used to say: “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!”
So, let’s combine these two ‘ingredients’ and just enjoy life! By the way, you can find your favorite Greek chocolates by clicking here!