Maybe it’s not a coincidence that the tiny little herb’s name in Ancient Greek means “mountain joy”. Once used as a symbol of happiness from the Ancient Greeks and Romans at weddings, the plant is one of the greatest treasures of the nature’s pharmacy.
Here’s 5 reasons that will probably convince you to include this magical herb in your diet!
- Did you know that oregano and its essential oil are very effective against bacteria? In Mexico researchers compared the herb with Tinidazole – a medicine, which is commonly used for infections caused by the amoeba Giardia lamblia. Itturned out that oregano beats all traditionally prescribed drugs with its wonderful health benefits!
- Believe it or not, oregano is a bomb of antioxidants – it actually contains 4 times the antioxidants of blueberries, 12 times the antioxidants of oranges and 42 times those of apples. So next time you get the flu, don’t forget to indulge yourself to a cup of hot, delicious oregano tea!
- Oregano oil is said to be a Champion at beating inflammatory activity. Allergies and asthma, for example, are very common today and if you keep wondering how to get rid of them – now you have the answer! All you have to do is regularly add 2-3 drops of the essential oil to a fresh lemon juice and just let the herb do the magic!
- Every woman knows very well what her body goes through when those days of the month come. If you suffer frompainful periods, you might as well chew some oregano leaves! What is more, the plant not only helps stop menstrual pain, but it also reduces the negative side-effects of menopause.
- Glossy hair is not an illusion anymore! The little plant is said to be very effective against baldness, so don’t hesitate to “cook” yourself a hair mask in the weekend and enjoy the results!