I bet there are only a few of you, guys, who don’t like milk or its derivatives like cheese, butter, cream, etc. These dairy products
go with pretty much everything. In fact, they are a constant part of our cooking routine
, aren’t they?
The following 8 facts
will give you another point of view about dairies and their role in the kitchen. Keep reading!
- In the Ancient East books as well as in classical mythology milk is said to be a basic food for people. Have you given that a thought?
- You might already be familiar with this, but let’s admit it – milk is super important for kids. The calcium and phosphorus content may have a great effect on the bone structure, right?
- If you have to warm up the milk when cooking, try putting some cold water on the surface of the pot. This will prevent the milk from catching.
- Trust me, you don’t want to store milk next to cheese, pickled vegetables or other cooked meals! The white liquid has the property to absorb all kinds of smells.
- Let’s give butter some credit, shall we? People believe it’s one of the most digestible foods, but don’t go too far with it, ok? It’s high in calories, so be careful.
- Most of us use butter for desserts, but it matches other things as well. Try cooking veal, lamb or bird meat with butter. Yummy!
- It’s always good when cooking vegetables with butter, but, please, do not use it for frying! Under the high temperature its beneficial substances will be long gone.
Cheese – there are so many types of it that you can always vary your diet. Not only is it super tasty, but it’s also rich in proteins and calcium, so go grab your thing and let loose!
Do you have other things to add to this article? Hit the comment section and do it now!
By the way, if you liked this one, check out our other blog posts:
How is Halloumi made? (Bonus: A Quick and Delicious way to enjoy it!)
4 Types of Greek Cheese you will fall in Love with!
3 Health Benefits of Feta Cheese you should know!